There is definitely a good story behind these photos that Josh needs to tell himself! What a night, never a dull moment here in our house with Josh as your husband!! I love it!
So Brittany has passed the reins over to me for this part of the post. She told me that I had to explain myself in these pictures. First of all, everyone knows about my motorcycle...I mean commuter. Since I have it, I have to learn how to do all the cool things such as learn how to wheelie. Now this is a rather simple task when you have a little more powerful motorcycle, but mine takes a tiny bit of convincing. After watching a few videos on Youtube, I figured out a few techniques that I had to go out and practice. There are two different types of wheelies , one uses the clutch and the other uses just the power of the motorcycle. Like I said, since my bike is only a 600cc rather that 1000cc you have to hit the gas and let off to slightly bounce the front end of the bike to spring up into a wheelie. This takes a long straight road to practice. I went to the neighborhood down the street to practice , which is where these pictures were taken.
Brittany followed me over there in the truck to take the pictures. After about 10-15 min, I was really starting to get good. I was getting the front tire about 2.5 feet off the ground. The only problem was my exhaust is really loud and I made all the neighbors down that street a little mad. During one of my runs down the street I noticed a couple angry homeowners coming out into the street trying to flag me down and signaling that they were calling the cops. I decided that wheelie practice was over and I best leave. I flipped a quick U-turn before meeting those people and started to leave out the back entrance to that subdivision. Before I knew it I had another upset neighbor tracking me down in their Yukon. After trying to loose them through the neighborhood (which was hard since there was still gravel on the roads and I could not go fast) I finally reached the exit. Now I know back in the day Justin and I may have thought his Yukon was fast or had alot of power, but the Yukon on my tail was no match when I got the the open road. They were gone in a blink of an eye. Eventually Brittany met me back at the house where I rushed to put my bike away before any cops showed up looking for the really loud , blue crotch rocket going 75 down the side street pulling wheelies. In the end what did I learn...how to do wheelies and that people don't like you doing them down their streets. Oh well, I had fun.
Since then I have continued to work on them. By the time we get our visitors in July I'll be pulling those mile long wheelies you see on (one of our favorite shows...at least one of MY favorite shows) Superbikes. And in case you were wondering if I am being safe and responsible on my motorcycle...oops, once again I mean commuter, OF COURSE!!!
Since it is hard to take a picture of the bike and the exact moment I pull a good wheelie, Brittany did the best possible. These were take a little early and the bike was still on its way up. Thanks Brittany for putting up with me and spending your evening playing cameraman.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Gettin' it Up
Posted by brittany at 10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok I am laughing my head off. Ben has a VERY similar story, but it didn't end as happy - the cops were called and Ben lost them in his quick getaway, but the stinkin neighborhood kids that lived across the street ratted him out! BRATS! ha ha. And retarded Ben answered the door when the cops knocked! He did ditch them though! And I was there in the truck just like Brittany and eventually came home AFTER the cops left. Too funny - we gotta come visit. Ben and Josh would have a riot. I sense some similarities in the personalities that I haven't realized until recently. Brittany....my advice....just sit back and enjoy....although scary and nerve racking......it does make for some good times! And GREAT blog material. Josh, loved the story telling....that was very well written. Made me laugh
Oh, by the way, nice title....I have to be honest. I was a little nervous to read further after I read the title of that post.
Ok....get your mind out of the gutter.
josh - be sure to read the comments on Stephs blog again. There's one just for you.
Hey Josh- All I can say is Kellan would be proud!
Nicole
Brittany, read the comments on Jenns blog
hasta
Hey you know if it was my yukon you would have been caught!!!
Post a Comment