We had the funnest weekend celebrating Valentine's Day...even though it was a weekend early. We headed up to Alyeska Ski Resort here in Alaska. We booked one of their packages and got to stay in a deluxe room with a view, had a hot breakfast one morning, and all mountain all day ski lift tickets. We stayed two nights. It was so nice to get out of Anchorage for a couple days and just have time for ourselves. We even got a babysitter for Moose! Thank you to our awesome neighbors. We got there Friday night and checked in and left for a nice dinner at one of the restaurants they have in the hotel. We ate some delicious sushi!! Then Saturday morning we used our breakfast vouchers we had. They gave us 18.75/person to use on breakfast and we used every last penny and ordered whatever we wanted and it was delicious. Then we got our ski gear on and headed to the slops!! Three weeks prior we were at this same place and tried our hand at a snowboarding class. Josh did really good, a lot better then me! But this time we decided to just try skiing and it was way to much fun!!! I think I had a smile on my face the whole weekend and we definitely shared a lot of good laughs with each other! :) I tried to take a few jumps on the ski's and of course didn't land it but it was so fun to see Josh there trying to help me after he picked himself back up and we just had to laugh at each other!! Josh also had to "hike" back up the mountain during one of the runs, after he took a jump, landed it but kept sliding down the wrong side of the mountain. I'm cruis'en down the mountain and then see Josh climbing on all fours back up the mountain! Really you probably had to be there to be laughing but we had the time of our life that weekend. I am so grateful for every second I have to spend with my sweetheart! Thank you again Josh for such an amazing weekend! I love you so much and will treasure that time we had together that weekend. I love you baby!!!Yummy bagel with salmon lox....the BEST! Thank you baby for introducing this into my life.
What I felt like doing after such a good breakfast!
I hope you all notice my sweet goggles Josh bought for me! He is so good to me.
This is a restaurant at Alyeska that you have to take the tram to get to it.
One side of the ski lifts
Our view out our room.
(sara this is the body of water that you drove past when we drove out to the conservation center and the glacier cruise. big chunks of ice now)
Then I got a Valentine's present when we got home......A new vacuum!!! Josh vacuumed the whole house for me. Our last vacuum was the cheapest one someone could ever buy and it just wasn't working for us so we splurged and got a really good one. I love it! Thanks for such a great gift baby! It really wasn't for Valentines but since it was so much money I'm calling it my present.
Everything the last vacuum left behind.
2 comments:
I am a vacuum freak! :0
I have to laugh because Kellan bought me a vacuum as a present a few months ago too!
Post a Comment