Monday, February 16, 2009

Go Army.....HOOAH!!

THE ARMY SONG

First to fight for the right
And to build the nations might, and
The Army Goes Rolling Along

Proud of all we have done,
Fighting till the battle's won, and
The Army Goes Rolling Along

Then It's Hi! Hi! Hey!
The Army's on its way
Count off the cadence loud and strong

For Where'er we go,
You will always know that
The Army Goes Rolling Along.

A couple weeks ago we had the deployment ceremony. Here are a few pictures we took. It was so amazing to see all the soldiers that will be going to fight for our country and defend our freedoms that we all enjoy everyday. I can't begin to even explain the feelings I have been having these past few weeks. I have been putting it off because I know that I am just going to be crying while posting this. Even just to look at the pictures of My Soldier! I am so PROUD of him and HONORED to call him my husband!!! I have such a deeper understanding of how we are able to have the freedoms we have thanks to being involved in the Army over the past few years. It was an amazing ceremony. Just to be able to stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag. I think the last time I had the opportunity to stand and say it was in elementary school. It was a great experience. You can't help but walk away from something like this and not appreciate the country that we live in and even a greater appreciation for the people that continue to defend it! We were honored to have our governor Sarah Palin there and speak to us and the soldiers. She is great. I have appreciated the time that Josh and I have been involved with the Army. Even though they take away your husband for long periods of time, to unsafe circumstance, I know that there is no other way I could have experienced what I have, become the person that I am today and gained the deep appreciation I have for my country! I know that Josh is so honored to be serving his country as well. He said multiple times that not everyone gets to say that they had the opportunity to truly fight for our country and freedoms. It definitely isn't easy on either of us at times but we always seem to get through it together!! That's what makes it all worth it!!!
Josh, you know how proud I am of you and the person that you are!! Thank you for serving our country and for your part you play in giving me the freedoms I enjoy everyday! I am so happy and honored to be going through all of this with you and I love being by your side every step of the way. You mean the world to me and I love you with my whole soul! I wait for the day to be able to put my arms around you again and look into your eyes and tell you I love you! Thank you.

This group is his battalion. With battalion leader in front.




All the different battalions in the brigade.

Sarah Palin





The HARDEST day of my LIFE!!!!!

A true soldier.

Most of the Company, which consists of 3 platoons.

Josh's platoon. These are most of the soldiers (some left earlier) he is over.

Last goodbyes to Moosey Girl! He really is going to miss her and wished he could of taken her with. She will miss her daddy too!
Look at that kiss! No holding back, the last kiss for a while.


The dreaded BUS :(


8 comments:

Turcotte said...

Our prayers are with you and Josh!!!

KOCHERHANS said...

Hey, pretty impressive. Lots of good memories. Looks like you had some great times. Wish we could be there in person. love you, mom

sara said...

Brittany, you are amazing! These posts were absolutely beautiful- what a nice tribute to Josh who deserves it. I can't help but get emotional when reading them. Special, lifetime memories for sure. Please make sure you print and save these posts! I LOVE the picture and scriptures in D&C. The McDowells love you both and are praying for you! Like mom, I so wish we could have been there in person as well. What an experience. -Sara

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I like that picture of his bag. very cute! hey pres and i are in your picture at the deployment ceremony :) do you see the back of his bald head, and my crazy hair? front row baby! :) We didn't know yall were there!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

awesome cute new posts :) here is the case you like :)

http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple/iPhone-Naked-Case
I absolutely love it!

Adam and Jess said...

So how long is Josh leaving this time? I don't know how you do it. I had a lot to catch up on since having the baby, I'm so jealous you got to go skiing, that sounds awesome.

Amelia Smith said...

Brittany, remember me?! I saw your sister at Vanessa's baby shower yesterday. I asked about you, and she led me to your blog :) You look amazing! I hope everything is going well.

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

This made me cry today!