Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Looks like I will be shoveling snow tomorrow morning......

So it started snowing here again, nothing unusual for sure, but it has been a few days since I have had to shovel the snow from my carport. Plus I thought I could show you a little of my backyard and the neighborhood behind our house and the fun park we have right next door. During the winter the playground is left alone and is replaced with the hill right by it. The kids are all so cute and its fun to watch them all get their sleds and even snowboards and head outside to play in the snow, all bundled up!! Alaska is beautiful!
And there is a porch which you can kind of see that there is a slight drop off from white, snowy porch to the white, snowy ground! Ha. Can you see it?


The third house over (left to right) is where my friend Maggie lives. So close and so fun!

Don't mind the poor dying (dead) plants. Pretty soon they will be completely covered and you will not even know they are there. They are pretty in the summer though.

8 comments:

Dawn Davis said...

k, I'm scared to see what it's going to look like when I get back!!! As of right now my flight gets in the afternoon of the 20th...if you'd be able to pick me up from the airport that'd be great and I can get you more info. If you have to work or something I can get a ride from someone else.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

if u can't pick her up i can :) brittany we are totally going sledding! I went to buy the rubberized sleds today and they were all out. I WILL find some and then I will hunt u down! :) how is your week going? I have scouts and an FRG mtg tomorrow. WEDnesdays are not usually my favorite days of the week. VERY BUSY!!!!

Dawn Davis said...

you crack me up!!! of course we can all be friends...Ryan and Branden usually end up playing Call of Duty while Melissa and I just watch when we hang out, but if Josh doesn't like that I definitely wouldn't mind broadening Ryan's interests and doing something we can ALL do, wives included. Melissa gets back from Utah on Dec. 2nd, but we can hang out before our hubbies get back (which I can't wait for) and definitely after. Seriously, there's no way I could get through all this without friends.

paul said...

C-R-A-Z-Y! It looks like a totally different place than from when I was there! It looks freezing, FREEZING cold! I can't even imagine. As cold as it looks though, I still want to go back!!! I want to go sledding at that park- that sounds fun. How fun to live on post and make friends with so many others who are going through exactly what you are- what a blessing to live there. We miss you guys and love you very much! Keep updating your blog- I love it! -Sara

Kellan, Nicole and KC said...

Brittany, I am so jealous that while you are wearing your cold weather clothes, my cold weather(well, as cold as az gets) clothes are sitting in my drawer waiting for it to get under 75 degrees! We miss you tons and can't wait to see you guys!
Nicole

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I need your email. Text it to me. Where the heck did you go last night? You were supposed to stay after church for the dinner! I looked everywhere for u! I left my purse at home, so I had to get the pete's to follow me back on post and drive my car. I can't believe I did that! what about FHE tonight? are you comin?

Marie said...

I am not jealous of you in the least. I would seriously die in Alaska. I think I'm dying when the temp is below 70. I am such a wuss! Glad you guys are doing good. Try not to freeze.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

okay how about you come up for air and tell us he is home, already! :)