Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Car and...... New Bike!!


Well we have done it again. We got a new car for Brittany to drive and decided to go "Green." Josh looked at the finances and decided that it was money better spent into a new car payment then spending it on putting gas in the Durango. It comes out to be about the same spent on the car payment a month as it is to fill up the Durango. It's a 2008 Toyota Prius. We really like the fact that it gets 50 miles per gallon. You should all go and test drive one. The Hybrid is so cool and is completely different to drive. You will just be driving down the road or sitting at a light and all of a sudden the gas motor turns off and it gets all quiet. It sounds like the car is not even running.


And now Josh's new toy.... oh and commuter
Josh just purchased this tonight and was dying to take it for a ride around the block. So he did! Then a ride around the block turned into a ride down the street before dinner, then that turned into a 30 minute ride around Anchorage, AK after dinner with me and Moose following behind in the truck!! It was a fun family outing and everyone enjoyed themselves!

This is the first time Josh has ever been on any bike rather than a dirt bike and he even surprised himself at how good he could already ride and control the bike. He is more than excited about his new toy!! I have to say that I was really nervous for all this but was glad to see how well he did for his first time.

6 comments:

KOCHERHANS said...

YES! I am so excited - I TOTALLY WANTED to be the FIRST one to comment on your blog! This is so fun - I cannot wait to keep up on you guys and see all your pictures - FINALLY! I think it kind of makes me miss you more though - I was getting a little sad looking at all of them wishing I could see you and talk to you in person and ride in your sweet hybrid car and take a ride on the bike....ok maybe not take a ride on the bike, but at least touch it. So fun! I'm so glad you guys are having a good time in Alaska. We miss you lots. It was fun looking back at some of those old pictures too. Those were good times - that was like the best week of my life when you guys were here - it was busy, but relaxing and fun all at the same time. Ok...better stop on the comment - its a little long. Love you, love the pictures, love the blog, LOVE that I can finally comment!

KOCHERHANS said...

Oh...by the way....love the background - its so ALASKAN! Where did you get it from?

KOCHERHANS said...

Hi Josh and Brittany - its just Tara again - I think I will check your blog a few times a day - just to see if you've updated. I'm a dork. Just wanted to tell you again that I miss you and love you both.

paul said...

As you can tell, Tara hasn't changed. hahahah- love you Tara- nice comments, all of them. You guys crack me up with all of your vehicles! I've never met anybody that has gone through so many! I love the new "rides" though. I was getting nervous just looking at the pics of Josh riding that thing. You guys are having WAY too much fun. What's with all the snow- you told me that it's short-sleeve weather- I don't think so!! Does it ever warm up? We could snowmobile in your backyard. Fun blog- keep posting pics! Love them!

paul said...

Ok, I'm dumb. I thought maybe the color on my computer was off when you said you decided to go green on your new car- definitely looked blue to me. I asked someone and they told me- my computer is fine. :) love the color.

Unknown said...

Well, I guess I'm not the first to comment on the blog, but... better late than never. Josh told me on the phone that he had purchase a new bike and that I had to check it out. Holy Cow!!! Dang. I think Josh said it best when he commented "every man has got to have his toys!" Well Josh, I think you just purchased the toy of all toys. Right on!
Anyway, we think of you often. Hope you are staying warm in Alaska. We are still looking at flight plans, but... $750 is a lot and we just don't love you that much! J/K :-)
Hopefully we will see you both soon!
Joe and Cara